This is the missing link to the ultimate exercise experience!
Integrative Exercise Specialist (IES) Course & *Certification (optional)
This hybrid course consists of virtual and face-to-face classes.
Although there is no denying the importance of a comprehensive understanding of exercise biomechanics, physiology, pathophysiology and exercise science as a fitness professional. The missing link for many exercisers and trainers is a functional understanding of how the mind and our physiological responses are interconnected.
We will explore the scientific literature as well as the anecdotal information as it relates to the mind body relationship.
According to the authors, “those who were successful at maintaining exercise tended to score higher on measures of mindfulness and acceptance... Exercisers having greater mindfulness and acceptance are less reactive; responding with more balanced appraisals to threats to their exercise regimen which in turn promotes increased exercise maintenance.“
This course offers a clear and concise approach to client-driven results.
1. Why exercise goals are often unrealistic, poorly understood, and unsustainable.
2. A look into “Motivation”… Guiding a client through the “I’m not motivated phases”.
3. Responding to the “I know you’re going to be mad at me, but I went off my meal plan”.
4. The difference between a constructive awareness and a punishment. What is the reward system we use for success and failure? Learning allowance and acceptance as part of a decision making process.
5. Mindfulness, meditation during exercise. It’s not what you think…
6. Neurophysiological, neuropsychological and neuromuscular interdependencies for optimum performance.
Module 1 VIRTUAL - Exercise Readiness Introduction to the Mind - Body Relationship
We will present a mindfulness approach to the experience, a mindful, non-judgmental approach to goal acquisition. Having an understanding of the emotional readiness and the endocrine system as it relates to goal achievement, exercise intensity and health related outcomes.
Module 2 VIRTUAL - Neuro-Musculoskeletal Considerations
This is a solution based approach to client centered exercise. This is a multidisciplinary approach, which considers the following:
· Neuromuscular “connectivity” A discussion of the primary motor cortex and its role in controlled movement.
· The importance of the alpha and gamma motor neurons. MOTOR neuron activation and intention of muscle contraction.
· Determining a client's needs relative to their current ability (maintenance, regression or progression) awareness training, contraction training?
Module 3 HANDS-ON – Assessment Decisions and Application
This is an essential process from a safety and function perspective. You will learn how to assess and proceed using a deductive approach to individualized planning and Micro-Progression. This will encompass the applied practice of the theoretical presentations from the prior modules. Participants will experience real-time case studies; individuals will be assessed and strategic approaches to decision making and implementation of improving Internal Performance and goal achievement. We will use strategically oriented methods associated with the manipulation of exercise.
Course Dates / Times:
July 19th 6:00 - 9:00 pm
July 21st 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Face to Face
July 23rd 9:00 - 4:00 pm
Assessment and Exercise Application
Upper extremity, trunk and lower extremity exercises.
APTE Certification exam optional - Home based exam. Test fee $45
1.33 (10) APTE Credits for Course Participation
Course documents will be provided for CEC approval from other organizations